We have a dear friend who lives in the city where Abraham's orphanage is located. She teaches English at the local university. I decied to contact her to see if she could arrange for one of her students to tutor Abraham in English. She was able to find someone for us and of course we had to get permission from the orphanage to allow this.
This past weekend Abraham began his English lessons! Here is the picture they sent me of Abraham with his new tutor, Juli. Besides the missing beard, we were thrilled to see how healthy he looks! We can only credit this to all the prayers that have been sent up for his continued health.
Even though this is our 4th adoption, the waiting never gets any easier. I am not going to complain because we are very blessed to be able to get somewhat regular updates on him, and for that we are very thankful!
On a different note, one of the first things that is going to happen once we get our little guy is to give him some new clothes that do not display aliens with guns!! The last couple pictures we've received of him he is wearing this same shirt. OY!!
Hope everyone is having a blessed week. I'll leave you with this scripture:
"For you created my inmost being: you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." "Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-14, 16
Vickie

No comments:
Post a Comment